BBC News Archive — Story headline history
Here is the front page history of story #4655555 — view the current version of this article on BBC News.
- 6/7/2005, 11:00 – 11:35
- Main headline: Cities wait for Olympics decision
The vote to decide who will host the 2012 OIympic Games is about to start in Singapore.
- 6/7/2005, 11:35 – 11:40
- Main headline: Moscow exits race for 2012 Games
Four cities remain in the Olympics vote as Moscow is eliminated in the first round of voting.
- 6/7/2005, 11:40 – 11:46
- Main headline: Three left in race for 2012 Games
London, Madrid and Paris remain in the Olympics vote as Moscow and New York are eliminated.
- 6/7/2005, 11:46 – 12:29
- Main headline: London and Paris in 2012 showdown
London and Paris remain in the Olympics vote as Moscow, New York and Madrid are eliminated.
- 6/7/2005, 12:29 – 12:57
- Main headline: London/Paris in Olympic showdown
Rivals London and Paris are waiting to find out which city has won the race to host the 2012 Olympics.
- 6/7/2005, 12:57 – 7/7/2005, 04:35
- Main headline: London beats Paris to 2012 Games
The 2012 Olympic Games will be held in London after its bid was chosen ahead of Paris.