BBC News Archive — Story headline history
Here is the front page history of story #4277348 — view the current version of this article on BBC News.
- 24/9/2005, 04:50 – 08:00
- Main headline: Hurricane poised to strike Texas
Texas is set to feel the full force of Hurricane Rita in the coming hours as the storm makes landfall.
- 24/9/2005, 08:00 – 16:45
- Main headline: Hurricane Rita crashes onto coast
Hurricane Rita pummels the coast of Texas and Louisiana with winds of up to 120mph (193km/h).
- 24/9/2005, 16:45 – 25/9/2005, 03:20
- Main headline: Hurricane Rita lashes Gulf Coast
Hurricane Rita pounds the US Gulf Coast with strong winds and rain, cutting power to a million people.
- 25/9/2005, 03:20 – 05:50
- Right subheadline: Hurricane Rita lashes Gulf Coast
Hurricane Rita pounds the US Gulf Coast, but federal authorities say no deaths have so far been reported.